Car overturns in one-way system crash
A DRIVER had a lucky escape today when the car she was driving overturned on the one-way system at Ipswich Waterfront.The red Volkswagen Polo lost control on Salthouse Street.
A DRIVER had a lucky escape today when the car she was driving overturned on the one-way system at Ipswich Waterfront.
The red Volkswagen Polo lost control on Salthouse Street just before 9.10am and ended up on its side facing into oncoming traffic.
Police and ambulance officers were called to the scene but the woman was able to climb from the car.
She suffered only minor injuries and did not need to be taken to hospital.
Traffic was restricted to one lane while the vehicle was removed from the road.
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 5 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 6 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 7 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 8 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 9 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 10 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest