Car park closed for emergency repairs at 2pm today
AHEAD of the busy Saturday shopping rush Ipswich Borough Council have announced today Crown Car Park is to be closed until further notice.
AHEAD of the busy Saturday shopping rush Ipswich Borough Council have announced today Crown Car park is to be closed until further notice.
One of the town's biggest car parks, the multi-storey in Crown Street, near to Crown Pools, has been closed for emergency repairs.
Contractors have been called in to investigate, carry out a full report and consider the possible need for repairs.
Motorists whose cars are already in the car park will still be able to exit after it is closed but no new customers will be admitted after 2pm today.
A spokesman for the Borough council apologised for any inconvenience caused and urged motorists to use alternative car parks in and around the town centre until further notice, including the town's park and ride services.
An emergency structural engineering report is due to be carried out and should be completed early next week.
- 1 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 2 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 9 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle
The Council will then decide the course of action to take, but until then the car park will remain closed.
Check this website for updates.