Car park closed for emergency repairs at 2pm today
AHEAD of the busy Saturday shopping rush Ipswich Borough Council have announced today Crown Car Park is to be closed until further notice.
AHEAD of the busy Saturday shopping rush Ipswich Borough Council have announced today Crown Car park is to be closed until further notice.
One of the town's biggest car parks, the multi-storey in Crown Street, near to Crown Pools, has been closed for emergency repairs.
Contractors have been called in to investigate, carry out a full report and consider the possible need for repairs.
Motorists whose cars are already in the car park will still be able to exit after it is closed but no new customers will be admitted after 2pm today.
A spokesman for the Borough council apologised for any inconvenience caused and urged motorists to use alternative car parks in and around the town centre until further notice, including the town's park and ride services.
An emergency structural engineering report is due to be carried out and should be completed early next week.
- 1 Road near Ipswich town centre closed after crash involving motorcyclist
- 2 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 3 Man used drawstring from JD Sports bag to drag woman to the ground
- 4 'Fresh and timeless' Greek cuisine comes to Ipswich
- 5 When will bins be collected in Ipswich this Bank Holiday weekend?
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 8 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 9 See inside Ipswich home with stunning views of the town from own turret
- 10 Driver caught doing 64mph in 40mph section of A12
The Council will then decide the course of action to take, but until then the car park will remain closed.
Check this website for updates.