Car park concerto – Free tickets for Ipswich residents to see multi-storey maestros
- Credit: Archant
Free tickets are on offer for Ipswich residents to attend an orchestral performance in a multi-storey car park.
Aldeburgh Festival hosts two concerts by the ‘Multi-Story Orchestra’ at Blackfriars NCP car park, Foundation Street – designed to attract a new audience to classical music.
Following a debut in 2015, the Multi-Story Orchestra returns on Saturday, June 24, conducted by Christopher Stark at 2pm and 4pm.
Booking is recommended, at snapemaltings.co.uk or on 01728 687110. Free tickets are limited to two per booking and otherwise cost £5.
For the first concert, the orchestra will be joined by soprano Raphaela Papadakis and bass-baritone Andrew Rupp for two works by Handel and a performance of I am I Say, written by the orchestra’s Kate Whitley and performed with Hillside Primary School pupils.
You may also want to watch:
The second – opening with a special introduction, as players disperse to corners of the venue – features Mozart’s Jupiter Symphony.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 7 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths