Car share scheme saves miles
A SUFFOLK car-sharing scheme is estimated to have saved more than half-a-million miles in its first year.SuffolkCarShare.com will celebrate its first birthday in June after it was launched on National Liftshare Day last year.
A SUFFOLK car-sharing scheme is estimated to have saved more than half-a-million miles in its first year.
SuffolkCarShare.com will celebrate its first birthday in June after it was launched on National Liftshare Day last year. The scheme allows anyone within Suffolk to search for potential travel companions either as a driver or passenger
In its first year more than 900 people have signed up to SuffolkCarShare.com with just under 1,000 journeys registered where people are seeking potential sharers.
Since the launch it is estimated users have saved a total of 515,148 miles, 175 tonnes of C02 - which is the equivalent of 52,507 trees - and £51,515 through car sharing.
SuffolkCarShare.com says there are many benefits to the scheme, including those who commute to work regularly saving an average of £1,000 a year as well as reduced parking costs.
Visit www.SuffolkCarShare.com if you are interested in sharing a car or would like to find out more. Registration is free and all you need to provide is a valid e-mail address and register the journey you would be interested in sharing either as driver or passenger.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 4 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 5 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 8 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 9 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station