Car thief finally behind bars
AT LAST!This prolific car thief with a passion for Ford Fiestas is finally behind bars today after he went on two month crime spree of Ipswich.Police today praised magistrates' decisions to send Darrell Lambert to prison for 20-weeks after he plagued car owners in the town during April and May.
This prolific car thief with a passion for Ford Fiestas is finally behind bars today after he went on two month crime spree of Ipswich.
Police today praised magistrates' decisions to send Darrell Lambert to prison for 20-weeks after he plagued car owners in the town during April and May.
Detective inspector Steve Clabburn said: “He is a prolific offender who causes problems throughout Suffolk.
“Although it is vehicle crime it still causes distress to the victims of this crime. It also has an impact on other emergency services.
“We are pleased to see he got a custodial sentence.”
- 1 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 3 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 4 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 5 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 6 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 7 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 8 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 9 Redundant care home being used as homes applying for planning after 5 years
- 10 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
Officers managed to link him to the incidents after he left fingerprints in the cars he took and, in one case, left blood splattered on a car he had damaged.
The 20-year-old, of Hawke Road, pleaded guilty in court to three charges of taking vehicles without consent, two of interfering with vehicles and one of criminal damage when he appeared at the court on Thursday .
The menace has a string of previous convictions including many for driving matters and was sent to a young offender's institute for two years in May 2005.
This time his crime-spree started on April 4 when Lambert spotted a green Ford Fiesta in Colchester Road, Ipswich, and stole it.
Police received reports that it had been stolen and found it being driven later in the day in Hatfield Road, Ipswich.
Officers chased the car and attempted to stop Lambert but he drove off and the vehicle was later found dumped in Piper's Vale Close.
n. April 5 - Lambert struck in Canterbury Close, in Ipswich, where he attempted to steal a black Ford Fiesta.
He failed but in his attempt he damaged the vehicle.
n. April 8 - He struck in Hogarth Road, taking a red Ford Fiesta which was later found dumped in Davey Road.
n. April 11/12 - Between 6pm on April 11 and 11am the following day a dent was made in a silver Volvo as it was parked in Ireland Road.
Blood was left on the vehicle which was later checked and matched Lambert's DNA.
n. Over night between April 14 and 15 - Lambert broke into a silver Vauxhall Cavalier in Rectory Road and stole the radio and CDs.
He also stole another vehicle in the town on May 24.
n. Were you one of the victims of Lambert's spree? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail email@example.com.