Caravan blaze drama in Ipswich
FIREFIGHTERS were called to deal with a caravan blaze in Ipswich yesterday.One fire crew was called to the caravan behind Bridge Ward social club in Austin Street shortly after noon and called for another crew to help ferry water to the incident.
FIREFIGHTERS were called to deal with a caravan blaze in Ipswich yesterday.
One fire crew was called to the caravan behind Bridge Ward social club in Austin Street at 12.07pm.
A second crew arrived to supply extra water soon after.
Eyewitness Keith Cooper is a professional photographer and took these pictures of the blaze.
He said: “A caravan was behind the Bridge Ward Social Club in Austin Street and it went up very quickly.
“The fire service had to run long hoses because it was quite difficult for them to get to. People had to be kept away because there were fears gas canisters could explode.
- 1 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 2 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 3 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 4 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 5 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 6 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 7 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 10 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
“But they managed to get water on to it very quickly and bring the blaze under control.”
Mr Cooper was born and brought up in the area although he now lives in Leicester. He was visiting his parents, who still live there, when the drama unfolded.
He added: “I always have my cameras with me, but I had not expected anything like this! It was all dealt with very quickly.”
The fire did not reach the gas canisters and the blaze was dealt with by 12.25pm. No one was hurt in the incident.