Caravans park up at council-owned car park in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A group of caravans have moved onto a council-owned car park near the Malthouse music venue in Ipswich.
According to a spokesman for Ipswich Borough Council, around six caravans and associated vehicles parked up at the West End Road car park yesterday evening, although it is believed more have arrived at the scene since.
The pay-and-display car park, which is owned by Ipswich Borough Council, sits next to the River Orwell near the train station, behind the disused car park for the Malthouse music venue.
A spokesman for the borough council said tomorrow it would be taking the ‘necessary legal steps’ to move the vehicles away from the site.
He said: “We are aware of the group of vehicles that have come onto the site of the West End Road car park in Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be taking up the necessary legal steps to regain possession of the site from tomorrow.”
- 1 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 2 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home