Care centre move closer
A MULTI-million pound intermediate care centre in south-east Ipswich moved one step closer to reality this week.The go-ahead has been given to buy the land for the centre which will add to the planned overhaul of healthcare in Ipswich.
A MULTI-million pound intermediate care centre in south-east Ipswich moved one step closer to reality this week.
The go-ahead has been given to buy the land for the centre which will add to the planned overhaul of healthcare in Ipswich.
It means there will be a specially designed place for elderly people to go when they no longer need specialist hospital care, but are still too ill to look after themselves for a while.
The care centre has been designed to offer 12 places in multi-occupancy flats, 20 places in single occupancy rooms and communal therapy areas including day care.
This latest development means Ipswich Primary Care Trust will now purchase the site in the next few weeks and present the final business case in September, the next and final stage before a formal construction contract can be signed and work can begin on-site.
Donna Derby, Director of Health and Social Care Development for Ipswich PCT said: "As with any large investment, it takes time to make sure the initial planning and financing is in place, so this latest development is a real boost to all the partners involved in the project.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 6 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 7 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 8 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 9 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 10 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
"The care centre will be a major bonus to patients in the Ipswich area and the fact that it is running on schedule means that local residents will benefit from it sooner."
N What do you think? Write in to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the forum at www.eveningstar.co.uk