Carry on camping – despite Blacks’ closing down sale in Ipswich
- Credit: Lucy taylor
Blacks outdoor store in Carr Street Ipswich is preparing for another change of identity.
The store is advertising a “closing down sale” – but is preparing to relaunch itself as a branch of sister company Millets in the autumn.
Ironically the store in Carr Street was branded as Millets for many years until 2013 – Blacks was previously the tenant of the former Croydon’s store in Tavern Street.
A spokesman for the company said the Millets branding was more appropriate for the site on Carr Street and the new name would accompany a refresh for the shop.
Like Blacks, Millets sells camping equipment, outdoor clothing, and sturdy footwear.
You may also want to watch:
The change would come once a significant amount of the stock had been sold – probably in October. The new Millets brand would be up and trading well in time for the Christmas period.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 5 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 9 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 10 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store