Cars roll back the years
CLASSIC cars dating back almost 90 years were the stars of a display at one of Suffolk's best-known stately homes.The Helmingham Festival of Classics, now in its sixth year, was held at Helmingham Hall.
CLASSIC cars dating back almost 90 years were the stars of a display at one of Suffolk's best-known stately homes.
The Helmingham Festival of Classics, now in its sixth year, was held at Helmingham Hall.
This year people could see everything from Ferrari to Mercedes Benz, Aston Martin, Jaguars and Austin Healey 3000s and no less than seven pre-war Bentleys.
The oldest car on display was a 1914 TT Humber which is the last remaining car of three Humbers built for the 1914 TT Race in the Isle of Man.
You may also want to watch:
It was acquired by the owner's father in 1939 and is still regularly raced and driven.
The event, near Ipswich, included the chance to look round the hall's stunning gardens and enjoy refreshments.
- 1 Police find cannabis growing by the side of A14
- 2 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 3 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 4 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 5 Diesel trains from Ipswich to get fuel delivered by road
- 6 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 7 New River Church opens its doors on Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 Church ripe for homes conversion is under offer
- 9 Revealed: Waterfront flats to be wrapped in 'breathable' material while cladding replaced
- 10 Ipswich student sets sights on UFC after binge-watching Rocky films