Cash boost from campers
A CHILDREN'S centre is celebrating today after receiving a major cash boost to start the New Year.The East Suffolk Child Development Centre, based at Ipswich Hospital, has received £1,500 from the South Suffolk Camping and Caravanning Club as a massive New Year's gift.
A CHILDREN'S centre is celebrating today after receiving a major cash boost to start the New Year.
The East Suffolk Child Development Centre, based at Ipswich Hospital, has received £1,500 from the South Suffolk Camping and Caravanning Club as a massive New Year's gift.
The club adopted the centre as its annual good cause and raised cash throughout 2006 to help support the centre.
Run by Suffolk Primary Care Trust and Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust, the child development centre provides care and support services for children with additional needs in aspects of their development, such as mobility, speech and language skills and social communication skills, including autism.
Adrian Ilot, centre manager, said: “We are delighted to receive such a large sum of money, which will give us a fantastic start to the New Year.
“We cannot thank the caravan club enough for its tremendous support.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 3 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 4 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 5 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 6 Wallet and cash stolen as two more cars have windows smashed in in Ipswich
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 9 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 10 Trophy tours and new stores: 23 nostalgic pictures of Ipswich in the 1980s
“The money will be put to good use to help improve the care and services we provide to children and their families.”
The club handed over the four figure cheque at the Hallowtree Campsite in Nacton on New Year's Day.