Cash pours in for Guide Dog cause
Cash is rolling in for Guide Dogs for the Blind today - giving the charity a welcome festive season boost.
FELIXSTOWE: Cash is rolling in for Guide Dogs for the Blind today - giving the charity a welcome festive season boost.
Evening Star readers have already helped raise enough money to pay for the breeding and basic training of two dogs, and now less than �1,000 is needed to pay for a third pup.
The second of the trio, Faith, recently arrived to spend a year with puppy walker Penny Parker, of Western Avenue, Felixstowe, and is already melting the hearts of everyone she meets.
“People adore her - but then we knew they would!” said Mrs Parker.
Members of the charity's volunteer fundraisers have this month been presented with �370 by the Masonic Group from Aldeburgh, and �2,200 from the Ipswich Beer Festival, the total raised by the charity plus a donation from the proceeds of the event.
Donations have also been coming in to the Star, and companies have been asking about getting involved in fundraising.
- 1 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 2 Group of youths seen carrying weapons in Ipswich park
- 3 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 4 Road closure 'chaos' for residents during fibre works
- 5 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 6 Man who sexually assaulted toddler in the street could be jailed
- 7 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 8 First look at 172-bed student accommodation plan
- 9 Education 'exemplary' at Outstanding Ipswich academy
- 10 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
Mrs Parker thanked the Masons and the beer festival organisers for their support.
“It's been a fantastic year and we are so encouraged by the continuing interest that people have shown in Guide Dogs,” she said.
“The charity's work never stops. There is so much to do to help people with sight problems and to have people support us in the many ways they do is just brilliant.”
Has your family been helped by the Guide Dogs - tell us your stories about this amazing charity: write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail EveningStarLetters@eveningstar.co.uk
HELPING GUIDE DOGS
Guide Dogs for the Blind constantly needs money for its work.
If you are doing fundraising for the charity, get in touch with Richard Cornwell at the Felixstowe Newsdesk on 01394 284109 so we can help you publicise your event.
To donate, please send cheques - made payable to the Guide Dogs - to Richard Cornwell, Evening Star, 172 Hamilton Road, Felixstowe, IP11 7DU.