Cash windfall for arts groups
ARTS organisations across the region are celebrating after winning more than £300,000 in lottery funding.East England Arts has awarded Suffolk's Aldeburgh Productions £154,612, the Keystone Community Partnership in Thetford, Norfolk, £138,000 and Boreham Millennium Arts in Essex £12,650.
ARTS organisations across the region are celebrating after winning more than £300,000 in lottery funding.
East England Arts has awarded Suffolk's Aldeburgh Productions £154,612, the Keystone Community Partnership in Thetford, Norfolk, £138,000 and Boreham Millennium Arts in Essex £12,650.
Aldeburgh Productions, which runs around 500 concerts and arts education events every year at Snape Maltings Concert Hall, will use the money to maintain the historic concert hall and to redevelop its new smaller venue, The Pumphouse in Aldeburgh.
Part of the cash will also be used for staff training, a new IT system and to help the organisation attract even more people by funding work including market research and online ticket sales.
You may also want to watch:
The Keystone Community Partnership, a regeneration agency operating in north Suffolk and Norfolk, will use its £138,000 to allow arts to play a leading role in economic regeneration.
It will fund a programme of high quality creative projects, arts projects for local people, as well as portable stages, lighting and exhibition stands for performing arts events including a festival programme in 2005.
- 1 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 6 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 7 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 8 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
East England Arts, the Government development agency for the arts in the region, aims to increase the impact of the arts on people's lives. The regional arts lottery programme, under which the grants were made, was established in 1999.