Youths seen running away from troubled housing estate after ‘loud bang on the window’
- Credit: Archant
Vandals reportedly tried to damage the window of a home on a troubled housing estate.
Residents of Garrick Way and Castle Court, in Ipswich, where there is a lot of sheltered housing, endured a torrent of crime from people being violent and even setting fire to things earlier this year, prompting a public meeting attended by more than 100 people.
There have also been several reports of stone throwing in Castle Court.
Now another alleged incident has been reported to Suffolk police.
A spokesman for the force said: “Police can confirm they received a report of attempted criminal damage in the Garrick Way area of Ipswich on Thursday, January 24 at just before 6pm with a loud bang on a window of a property reported.
You may also want to watch:
“The victim saw three youths running away from the location.”
Anyone with information should contact Suffolk police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Concern over plight of homeless man living in tent beside Ipswich road
- 2 Police issue CCTV images in connection with Ipswich investigation
- 3 Missing boy Emilio, 15, found after rescue teams join search
- 4 Girl, 10, slapped in face by stranger in Felixstowe
- 5 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Suffolk?
- 6 Tributes to grandmother who helped 'countless' people find work
- 7 Town becomes first in Suffolk to get 5G
- 8 All you need to know about your Covid vaccine appointment
- 9 How much are people still going out in this lockdown?
- 10 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded