Search

Fire breaks out in kitchen of Ipswich house

PUBLISHED: 10:45 17 December 2019 | UPDATED: 13:43 17 December 2019

Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a house in Ipswich (File photo) Picture: PHIL MORLEY

Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a house in Ipswich (File photo) Picture: PHIL MORLEY

Archant

Smoke could be seen billowing from the window of an Ipswich house after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

Two fire engines were sent to the fire at an end terrace house in Cauldwell Hall Road around 9.20am today (Tuesday, December 17).

Upon arrival, firefighters witnessed smoke billowing from one of the windows.

The fire was then located inside the kitchen.

A spokeswoman for the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: "We were called to a house fire in Cauldwell Hall Road this morning.

"The fire was located in the kitchen of the property and extinguished by crews."

The spokeswoman added an ambulance was originally called but was stood down before arrival.

The fire was extinguished by 10.05am.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ipswich Star. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Ipswich Star