CCTV images released of missing teen
POLICE hunting for missing Natasha Coombs today released CCTV images of the teenager and made a direct appeal for her to contact them.The 17-year-old former pupil of East Bergholt High School was last seen on Friday July 27 after getting on a train at Ipswich after enjoying an evening out with friends.
POLICE hunting for missing Natasha Coombs today released CCTV images of the teenager and made a direct appeal for her to contact them.
The 17-year-old former pupil of East Bergholt High School was last seen on Friday July 27 after getting on a train at Ipswich after enjoying an evening out with friends.
Detectives have become increasingly concerned about her mysterious disappearance and have been searching woodland close to Manningtree station - the area which her mobile phone signal was last picked up.
Police have released CCTV showing Natasha standing at Ipswich railway station just prior to her catching the 10.42pm train towards Manningtree.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no confirmed sightings of her since.
Natasha, from Dovercourt, had travelled to Ipswich that night to meet friends for a meal in Cardinal Park. She rang her parents around 10.40pm to say she was on her way home.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
Officers believe that Natasha may have been upset over a recent relationship break-up. However, there is no indication she was planning to disappear as she had no additional clothing with her and wears disposable contact lenses with no spares in her possession.
Supt Gareth Wilson said: “I hope that by releasing these CCTV images, it will jog the memories of people who may have seen Natasha that night.
“There have been no confirmed sightings of her since she boarded this train and we are growing increasingly concerned for her welfare.
“If anybody is able to help us by providing information about Natasha's whereabouts, I urge them to contact police immediately.
“I wish to make a direct appeal to Natasha herself to get in touch and let us or her family know she is okay.
Natasha is white, 5ft 3ins and slim build. She has brown hair with highlights and at the time of her disappearance was wearing a purple, sequinned top, a multi-coloured ra-ra skirt and a white jacket. She was also carrying a black, furry handbag.
Searches for Natasha are currently focusing on the Manningtree area, where it is believed she may have got of the train from Ipswich.
The Essex Police search team, along with the air support unit and a lowland search team are continuing to look for clues that will help find Natasha.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Clacton police station on 01255 221312.