Woman fights off phone robbers at children’s playground
- Credit: Google
A woman fought off a pair of would-be robbers who demanded her mobile phone as she walked through a playground in Ipswich.
The victim – a woman in her 30s – had been walking along Foxhall Road and cut through the play area by Celestion Drive.
While talking on her mobile phone, she noticed two men sitting on a bench in the playground.
As she passed, one of the men shouted at her to give them the phone, before they got up and began pushing her.
The victim fought the men off and managed to run away to safety.
You may also want to watch:
The attempted robbery happened at about 10.30pm on Saturday, November 21.
Both suspects were aged 30 to 40 and wore black face masks. One also wore a grey hooded top and grey tracksuit bottoms, while the other wore a black Adidas tracksuit and black hooded top.
- 1 What is the strange hum being heard in Ipswich?
- 2 Orwell Bridge CLOSES following high winds
- 3 Man fined after using woman's bank card at Ipswich kebab shop and taxi rank
- 4 New Combat2Coffee venue set to open in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Man drove 128 miles for fish and chips in lockdown
- 6 Man who took knife to confrontation is jailed
- 7 Orwell Bridge re-opens following wind speed drop
- 8 Orwell Bridge to close as Met Office issues warning of up to 70mph winds
- 9 Infection rates drop in Suffolk as UK records deadliest day of pandemic
- 10 Plans for 190 homes on edge of Ipswich 'poorly conceived' say councillors
Anyone with information should call South CID at Landmark House, quoting reference 67718/20.