Woman fights off phone robbers at children’s playground
- Credit: Google
A woman fought off a pair of would-be robbers who demanded her mobile phone as she walked through a playground in Ipswich.
The victim – a woman in her 30s – had been walking along Foxhall Road and cut through the play area by Celestion Drive.
While talking on her mobile phone, she noticed two men sitting on a bench in the playground.
As she passed, one of the men shouted at her to give them the phone, before they got up and began pushing her.
The victim fought the men off and managed to run away to safety.
You may also want to watch:
The attempted robbery happened at about 10.30pm on Saturday, November 21.
Both suspects were aged 30 to 40 and wore black face masks. One also wore a grey hooded top and grey tracksuit bottoms, while the other wore a black Adidas tracksuit and black hooded top.
- 1 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved
- 2 Burglar who targeted aunt's home while she was at her son's funeral is jailed
- 3 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 4 New bid for supermarket on Anglia Retail Park could be submitted
- 5 Danger warning after seal pup rescued from fishing net by member of public
- 6 Pensioner 'could not help himself' viewing indecent images of children
- 7 Former Ipswich nightclub to become Network Rail base
- 8 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 9 £40,000 of cash and large amount of cocaine seized in Ipswich
- 10 Global property firm acquires huge new Suffolk logistics site
Anyone with information should call South CID at Landmark House, quoting reference 67718/20.