Chance to give Zak a new home
MARTLESHAM: He is just a year old and full of energy.
And today Zak the Staffie is on the look out for new owners.
The fun-loving pooch has been at the RSPCA Rescue Centre in Martlesham since January and his handler, Sam Boast, is desperate to find him the perfect new home.
Miss Boast said the dark-brindle coloured Staffordshire bull terrier is looking for an owner who can devote lots of time to playing and training him.
She said: “He is a lovely little guy. He can be fearful of other dogs and so he does need to go to a home where he is the only dog.
“It needs to be someone living in the countryside. He loves people and is so intelligent, probably the most intelligent dog I have ever met. He loves doing his agility and knows lots of tricks.”
Not much is known about Zak’s history, but Miss Boast said in her experience it seems he had received very little training until he was brought into the centre early this year.
- 1 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Bank cards stolen as five cars broken into across Ipswich this weekend
- 4 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 5 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 6 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 8 Man who repeatedly hit partner jailed for 64 weeks
- 9 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Soldier headbutted police officer after being caught drink driving
She added: “Generally he is a laid back little dog, he can get nervous with fast movements. Staffies need a lot of socialising with other dogs and people from a young age. He came in a really bouncy little thing, but all he needed was a little guidance. He is really well behaved now.” If you are interested in giving Zak a new loving home, telephone Miss Boast at the centre on 01473 623280.
n Do you have a good experience of taking a dog from a rescue centre? E-mail email@example.com or write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN.