Chantry gets new technology boost
PEOPLE in Chantry can have the world at their fingertips now a new technology suite has beeninstalled on the estate.Ten new computers, complete with the Internet are available at the Stone Lodge Youth and Community Centre to give adults the chance to improve their skills.
PEOPLE in Chantry can have the world at their fingertips now a new technology suite has been
installed on the estate.
Ten new computers, complete with the Internet are available at the Stone Lodge Youth and Community Centre to give adults the chance to improve their skills.
The computers were provided by Suffolk County Council's Community Education service.
A five week rolling programme of ICT courses has been set up at the centre so people can work at their own pace and take nationally recognised qualifications when they are ready.
Courses are also available to learners so they can continue to develop their skills until they reach a level of achievement and confidence where they feel able to progress elsewhere. The courses are run by experienced staff.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
- 3 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 4 Two men steal pedal bike from outside Ipswich primary school
- 5 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 6 Final homes in 75-house development to go on sale
- 7 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Suffolk man collapsed at friend's home
- 10 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
There are four regular computer classes running:
Monday: 12.45 – 2.45pm
Tuesday and Wednesday: 9.30 – 11.30am
Thursday: 12.45 – 2.45pm
There is also a free crèche available for pre-school children on Monday and Thursday.
Anyone wanting to join one of the computer courses can contact: Jane Brockston, tel: 01473 712645.