Body of man found in Chantry Park pond
- Credit: SUZANNE DAY
The body of a man has been found in a pond at Chantry Park, police have confirmed.
Suffolk police were called at around 8.40am today after a member of the public reported seeing the body of a man in a pond.
Emergency services were called to the scene and the man, aged in his 20s, was recovered.
A section of the park had been closed for much of Sunday morning (September 15), however the cordon has now been lifted.
The death is not believed to be suspicious.
A passer by who did not wish to be named said he visited the park most Sundays and it was a lot quieter than he would usually expect.
"We were really shocked to see the police presence and wondered what was happening," he said.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 'Tit for tat' attacks driven by gang members vying for position, police say
- 3 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 4 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 5 Thunderstorms warning upgraded in Suffolk ahead of rain
- 6 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 7 Four people charged as police find machete after brawl in Ipswich street
- 8 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 9 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 10 VW Golf stolen from Ipswich road after thieves take car keys from home
"It is shocking especially when you don't know what has happened. It's unsettling."
A spokesman from Suffolk Constabulary said: "Enquiries are ongoing into the circumstances but it is thought the death is not suspicious."