Body of man found in Chantry Park pond
- Credit: SUZANNE DAY
The body of a man has been found in a pond at Chantry Park, police have confirmed.
Suffolk police were called at around 8.40am today after a member of the public reported seeing the body of a man in a pond.
Emergency services were called to the scene and the man, aged in his 20s, was recovered.
A section of the park had been closed for much of Sunday morning (September 15), however the cordon has now been lifted.
The death is not believed to be suspicious.
A passer by who did not wish to be named said he visited the park most Sundays and it was a lot quieter than he would usually expect.
"We were really shocked to see the police presence and wondered what was happening," he said.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Road closed after crash leaves pedestrian injured and vehicle in ditch
- 3 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 4 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
- 5 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 Masked man 'snatched' bag from woman in Ipswich alleyway
- 8 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 9 23-year-old Felixstowe woman pleads guilty to assault
- 10 Six Suffolk curry houses named among best in England
"It is shocking especially when you don't know what has happened. It's unsettling."
A spokesman from Suffolk Constabulary said: "Enquiries are ongoing into the circumstances but it is thought the death is not suspicious."