Man detained by police after fleeing scene of A14 accident which caused hours of delays
- Credit: Archant
A driver has been detained by police after fleeing the scene of an accident in which a car overturned on the A14 causing hours of delays for motorists in Suffolk.
The accident happened in the westbound carriageway of the A14 near to the junction with the A1156 at Whitehouse, Ipswich, at around 2.40pm on Monday.
It was initially reported as a single vehicle collision but police later said a second car was involved.
The male driver is being questioned by officers regarding the accident.
Following the incident, officers searched the area around the road for the driver and a police helicopter was dispatched to aid the hunt.
You may also want to watch:
The East of England Ambulance Service sent a rapid response vehicle and ambulance officer to the incident, though no one required treatment.
Both lanes of the carriageway were closed but had reopened by 5pm.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 6 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 7 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 8 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 9 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 10 Four men released following death of man at Felixstowe lorry park