Charges at Ipswich car parks changing with rises for many motorists
Charges at council-run car parks in Ipswich are set to change next week – with increases for many visitors to the town centre.
The basic charge for using most council-run town centre car parks goes up from £1 an hour to £1.20 an hour on Tuesday, August 15.
A new flat rate of £2 after 2pm is being introduced between Monday and Friday – replacing the £1 after 3pm that has proved popular over recent years.
There are other changes to charges at long-stay car parks on the edge of the town centre.
Council leader David Ellesmere said: “Ipswich Borough Council’s car parks continue to offer the best value in town and we are keeping parking charges low to help town centre businesses. In fact Council-run car parks are still cheaper than they were five years ago.”
You may also want to watch:
The Council is currently building a new Crown multi-storey car park, which is set to open early next year.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot