Charges were 'mix up', court told
AN Ipswich Dentist told a court a mix up over supplies had led to him overcharging patients. Paul Tildsley 38, of Geneva Road, denied seven charges of obtaining money transfers by deception.
AN Ipswich Dentist told a court a mix up over supplies had led to him overcharging patients. Paul Tildsley 38, of Geneva Road denied seven charges of obtaining money transfers by deception. He told Ipswich Crown Court he had inadvertently charged patients for gold crowns when he had actually non precious metal crowns.
He said he and his supplier James McCandless of Orwell Dental Laboratories had agreed to use different initials on order forms to describe the two types of crown and this had resulted in confusion.
Tildsley also denied knowingly obtaining inflated payments for special trays used for making denture impressions when he had actually used standard reusable trays. When asked by prosecutor David Wilson "do you now accept they are not special trays" Tildsley replied "Yes". The came from the dental director I cannot remember the word he used, after I was told about them I stopped claiming for the special trays which were not special, I believed they were special trays"
The offences allegedly happened while Tildsley was working as a dentist at a surgery in The Walk Ipswich in 2001.
The court heard a glowing reference from Lt Col Richard Peel who described Tildsley as a person he "rated highly" and as "probably the best dentist, he had been too".
Another reference came from Jackie Church who thanked Tildsley for being a have a go hero when he chased after a thief who stole her wallet containing £60.
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 3 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 4 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 5 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 6 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 7 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 8 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 9 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 10 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
The Trial continues.