Charities benefit from Mayor's Ball
TWO charities can today look forward to receiving a tidy share of the proceeds of the Mayor of Felixstowe's charity ball.Mayor Malcolm Minns said: "It was a superb evening which everyone thoroughly enjoyed.
TWO charities can today look forward to receiving a tidy share of the proceeds of the Mayor of Felixstowe's charity ball.
Mayor Malcolm Minns said: "It was a superb evening which everyone thoroughly enjoyed. We are very pleased to have raised around £1,500.
"We were honoured to have the company of the Burgermeister of Wesel, our German twintown, Bjorn Schroh and his wife, along with the chairmen of Suffolk County and Suffolk Coastal Councils and their wives."
More than 150 attended the event yesterday evening at the Elizabeth Orwell Hotel.
You may also want to watch:
Evening Star editor Nigel Pickover and brand manager Austin Dack were among them.
After dinner the guests took to the dance floor to enjoy the sound of the band Gold and took part in a raffle and tombola.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 4 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 5 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 6 New special school planned for former BT site
- 7 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 8 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 9 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 10 Trains to and from London cancelled amid flooded railway
The proceeds will shared between the Blue Cross and the Felixstowe Volunteer Coast Patrol Rescue Service.