Charities benefit from Mayor's Ball
TWO charities can today look forward to receiving a tidy share of the proceeds of the Mayor of Felixstowe's charity ball.Mayor Malcolm Minns said: "It was a superb evening which everyone thoroughly enjoyed.
TWO charities can today look forward to receiving a tidy share of the proceeds of the Mayor of Felixstowe's charity ball.
Mayor Malcolm Minns said: "It was a superb evening which everyone thoroughly enjoyed. We are very pleased to have raised around £1,500.
"We were honoured to have the company of the Burgermeister of Wesel, our German twintown, Bjorn Schroh and his wife, along with the chairmen of Suffolk County and Suffolk Coastal Councils and their wives."
More than 150 attended the event yesterday evening at the Elizabeth Orwell Hotel.
Evening Star editor Nigel Pickover and brand manager Austin Dack were among them.
After dinner the guests took to the dance floor to enjoy the sound of the band Gold and took part in a raffle and tombola.
- 1 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 2 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 3 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 6 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 9 'Really lovely and easy to talk to' - Tributes to passionate beekeeper Alan
- 10 Cash agreed for £1.9m school expansion project
The proceeds will shared between the Blue Cross and the Felixstowe Volunteer Coast Patrol Rescue Service.