Charity appeals for volunteers
A NUMBER of free charity places are up for grabs for those brave enough to try abseiling or a driving challenge.Supporters of Cancer Campaign in Suffolk can be sponsored to take part in Ipswich Hospital's annual charity abseil in July and the Annual Ladies Driving Challenge in June.
A NUMBER of free charity places are up for grabs for those brave enough to try abseiling or a driving challenge.
Supporters of Cancer Campaign in Suffolk can be sponsored to take part in Ipswich Hospital's annual charity abseil in July and the Annual Ladies Driving Challenge in June.
Fundraising activities for the charity over the years has enabled CCIS to buy a cancer information centre, costing £350,000, equipment for the treatment of breast cancer and men's cancers, and provide patient grants.
It is hoped a state of the art mobile cancer unit, costing £250,000, will be rolled out in the county this year.
Gina Cooper from the campaign said: “Because every penny raised for our campaign is spent in the county on local cancer services, everyone who takes part in these events feels very committed to their own community.
“This new project of a mobile unit will take this service out into remote towns and villages, schools, colleges, clubs and even businesses, and is one of the most exciting since our launch in 1998.”
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 4 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 5 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 6 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 7 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 8 Man who repeatedly hit partner jailed for 64 weeks
- 9 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 10 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
The driving challenge is on June 14 and 15, and the abseil is on July 12 and 13.
For details about the free places available call 08456 026607 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you holding an event for charity? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail email@example.com.