Christmas jumpers at the ready! Wear yours, raise money and get festive
- Credit: Contributed
Christmas jumper season is almost upon us which means it’s nearly time to support those in need and look totally festive at the same time.
Local and national charities and shops are encouraging everyone to get into the festive spirit by buying and wearing Christmas jumpers.
Here’s our guide to shops that are selling Christmas jumpers as well as the charity events that have been arranged for this December.
Pop into Primark in Ipswich and you will find a funky range of Christmas jumpers and outfitsfor the whole family.
White Stuff, situated in Ipswich Buttermarket, are also doing their bit for charity.
- 1 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 2 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 3 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 6 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 7 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 8 Warning after spate of catalytic converter thefts
- 9 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 10 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
This year they have chosen to fundraise with the Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (SARS).
SARS tweeted: “Thinking about beginning your Christmas shopping and want to help support a local charity as well?
“As part of our new collaboration with the White Stuff we have two new Christmas jumpers in store with all the profit from sales of these styles supporting SARS.”
Pop into the Ipswich store to see which of the jumpers takes your fancy.
Wooly Pully Week - St Elizabeth Hospice
Wooly Pully Week is one event on the Christmas jumper calendar that you definitely don’t want to miss!
Arranged by St Elizabeth Hospice in Ipswich, this year Wooly Pully Week is running between Monday December 10 and Sunday December 16.
The hospice want schools, businesses and groups to take part by picking a day that week where they can wear their Christmas jumpers.
Read more about how you can get involved with Wooly Pully week right here.
Save the Children - Christmas Jumper Day
Nationally the Save the Children, Christmas Jumper Day is a massive deal and is one of the main reasons why Christmas Jumpers are so popular.
As you can see from their video they have had lots of celebrity backing.
This year Christmas Jumper Day is on Friday December 14, which is perfect if you have a work Christmas party planned for that day.
More information can be found here.
Show us your Christmas Jumpers!
We would love it if you could share a picture of you and your family in your festive gear, let us know where you got your Christmas jumper from and what charity you are supporting this Christmas.