Charlie Haylock relaunches Sloightly on th' Huh! book after The Dig success
Charlie Haylock's best-selling book, "Sloightly on th' Huh! ", is being relaunched by Countryside Books on the back of the success of The Dig which has put the sound of Suffolk into the national consciousness.
Charlie Haylock was the Suffolk dialect coach for star Ralph Fiennes, who played the principal role of Basil Brown in the Netflix film, while also coaching the other "Suffolk" actors including Basil Brown's wife played by Monica Dolan.
Charlie was also responsible for "Suffolkating" the script to include Suffolk grammar and vocabulary.
Charlie said: “There has been such great interest shown in the Suffolk dialect, both in Suffolk, and further afield, that we have decided to relaunch of "Sloightly on th' Huh!"
The book takes an affectionate look at the Suffolk dialect, was first published in 2004 and was an immediate Suffolk best seller.
You may also want to watch:
"Sloightly on th' Huh!" means "on the slant", "not quite straight" and had the honour of officially entering the Oxford English Dictionary in September 2017.
The book entitled "Sloightly on th' Huh!" includes a Suffolk vocabulary dictionary, a chapter on things that are peculiar to Suffolk, a section on Suffolk humour and many other Suffolk gems.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 3 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 4 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 5 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 6 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 7 Ipswich music producer's 'amazing' rise as global DJ's assistant
- 8 Breakdown on Orwell Bridge cleared after queues to Copdock roundabout
- 9 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 10 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
The book is available in all good bookshops.