Cheetah litter for Colchester zoo
VIDEO A ZOO is today celebrating the birth of three cheetah cubs - the first litter ever born at the centre.
A ZOO is today celebrating the birth of three cheetah cubs - the first litter ever born at the centre.
The trio were born at Colchester Zoo to resident female cheetah Uria, and male Bruno who arrived at the zoo in July.
Anthony Tropeano, curator at the zoo, said: “We are absolutely thrilled with the birth of the cheetah cubs.
“This is a very exciting time as this is the first litter of cheetah cubs ever to be born at Colchester Zoo. “They are doing very well and we look forward to seeing them out and about when they are a little older.”
You may also want to watch:
The cubs are currently off show in an enclosed area with their mother. They are being checked every day by keepers and are all of a healthy weight. Their mother is also healthy.
The cubs, born last month, are expected to go on public view in 5 to 6 weeks.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 7 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 8 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers