Cheetah litter for Colchester zoo
VIDEO A ZOO is today celebrating the birth of three cheetah cubs - the first litter ever born at the centre.
A ZOO is today celebrating the birth of three cheetah cubs - the first litter ever born at the centre.
The trio were born at Colchester Zoo to resident female cheetah Uria, and male Bruno who arrived at the zoo in July.
Anthony Tropeano, curator at the zoo, said: “We are absolutely thrilled with the birth of the cheetah cubs.
“This is a very exciting time as this is the first litter of cheetah cubs ever to be born at Colchester Zoo. “They are doing very well and we look forward to seeing them out and about when they are a little older.”
The cubs are currently off show in an enclosed area with their mother. They are being checked every day by keepers and are all of a healthy weight. Their mother is also healthy.
The cubs, born last month, are expected to go on public view in 5 to 6 weeks.
- 1 Lido cash bid could get restoration of much-loved pool underway
- 2 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 5 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 Revealed: The latest Covid rates in every Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 Line-up announced for Ipswich library's music event
- 9 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 10 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise