Chef lays on the best
SOME of Suffolk's classiest meals are being laid on to raise money for the Sue Ryder Care Home.The Stables coffee shop, in Chantry Park, Ipswich, is inviting diners out for two special evening meals.
SOME of Suffolk's classiest meals are being laid on to raise money for the Sue Ryder Care Home.
The Stables coffee shop, in Chantry Park, Ipswich, is inviting diners out for two special evening meals.
It starts with a traditional three-course Suffolk supper at 7pm, on Friday October 25. Tickets cost £12 each and include a talk from Suffolk author Charlie Haylock.
This is followed by an Italian candlelit meal at 7pm on Saturday November 16, with tickets costing £14.50.
A pudding club is also being held on the evening of November 22, with tickets costing £10. This is followed by a Christmas auction and festive buffet on December 2. Tickets cost £5.
Jo Marshall, care centre manger, said: "The coffee shop has only been open since July and we don't get much passing trade. We are trying to get it known and get more custom.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 4 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 5 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 6 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 7 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
- 8 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 9 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 10 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
"We are going to see how the evenings go but if it goes well we will continue planning them into the spring."
Places must be pre-booked by calling Geoffrey Balls on 01473 218611, or Sue Doe on 01473 295200.