Chef lays on the best
SOME of Suffolk's classiest meals are being laid on to raise money for the Sue Ryder Care Home.The Stables coffee shop, in Chantry Park, Ipswich, is inviting diners out for two special evening meals.
SOME of Suffolk's classiest meals are being laid on to raise money for the Sue Ryder Care Home.
The Stables coffee shop, in Chantry Park, Ipswich, is inviting diners out for two special evening meals.
It starts with a traditional three-course Suffolk supper at 7pm, on Friday October 25. Tickets cost £12 each and include a talk from Suffolk author Charlie Haylock.
This is followed by an Italian candlelit meal at 7pm on Saturday November 16, with tickets costing £14.50.
You may also want to watch:
A pudding club is also being held on the evening of November 22, with tickets costing £10. This is followed by a Christmas auction and festive buffet on December 2. Tickets cost £5.
Jo Marshall, care centre manger, said: "The coffee shop has only been open since July and we don't get much passing trade. We are trying to get it known and get more custom.
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 3 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 4 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 5 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 6 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 9 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 10 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
"We are going to see how the evenings go but if it goes well we will continue planning them into the spring."
Places must be pre-booked by calling Geoffrey Balls on 01473 218611, or Sue Doe on 01473 295200.