Chelmondiston: Two injured in three-car crash involving police car
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been taken to hospital after a three-car crash involving a police car.
The accident happened in Main Road, Chelmondiston, close to the junction with Bylam Lane, at around 4.20pm.
One witness said one car hit another into the police car.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: “The police car was going through Chelmondiston to another event.
“Unfortunately a vehicle appears to have gone into the back of it. Both rear passengers of the second car suffered muscular neck injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“And firefighters had to cut the roof off one of the vehicles to help release the passengers from inside.”
Two people were taken to Ipswich Hospital for further checks.
- 1 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 2 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 3 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 4 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 5 Police find cannabis growing by the side of A14
- 6 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 7 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 8 'I want to train as HGV driver but there are so many delays'
- 9 New Starbucks coffee shop planned for Ipswich town centre
- 10 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
Motorists in the area are facing delays with queues stretching back to the Freston Street junction at the height of the disruption.