Chemical spill in Hadleigh
AN industrial estate in Hadleigh has been closed after more than 1,000 litres of dangerous chemicals have leaked from containers.More than 20 firefighters attended the Lady Lane Industrial Estate where the incident happened at Suffolk and Essex Supplies shortly after 4am today.
AN industrial estate in Hadleigh has been closed after more than 1,000 litres of dangerous chemicals have leaked from containers.
More than 20 firefighters attended the Lady Lane Industrial Estate where the incident happened at Suffolk and Essex Supplies shortly after 4am today.
Fire crews attended from Hadleigh, Felixstowe, Haverhill and Princes Street and Colchester Road stations in Ipswich.
A cordon has been put in place and members of the public are prohibited to enter until further notice.
Crews in gas-type suits were on scene attempting to clear the liquid away while members of the Environment Agency were also in attendance.
It is thought a 25 litre container of sodium hydrochloride leaked and has mixed with hydrochloric acid and creosote.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 5 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 6 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 7 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
- 8 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
Fire crews were still in attendance at 7am today .