Children divided in horror trial
DURING the trial a huge rift divided the Abbott family, which saw the eldest daughters taking opposing sides in court. Tanya Abbott, 19, of Heatherhayes, Ipswich, was a key prosecution witness against her dad, Terry.
DURING the trial a huge rift divided the Abbott family, which saw the eldest daughters taking opposing sides in court.
Tanya Abbott, 19, of Heatherhayes, Ipswich, was a key prosecution witness against her dad, Terry.
She told how he arrived at her home and told her what he had done. She called him an idiot.
Her younger sister, Tassi, 18, of Speedwell Road, Ipswich spoke up in his defence. She told how he came round to her house after the attack, to say goodbye as he feared he would go to prison.
Both girls are mothers with children of their own, and are believed to live with their boyfriends, Robert Crawford and Paul Sherman respectively.
As the trial developed, Tassi sat for days outside the courtroom where Terry was being judged, while her boyfriend Paul Sherman sat in the public gallery with other members of Terry's family.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 8 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 9 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
As a witness, she could only enter when her turn came to give evidence.
Tanya was rarely seen, except in the courtroom when she gave evidence.
Both sisters are known to look after their younger siblings Travis, 13, and Tara, eight, who regularly stay at their homes overnight. Tanya once lived in a mobile home in Spring Road.
She initially lived with her mum after the divorce in 1999, then hostels, then a flat in Heatherhayes.