Children enjoy special party
CHILDREN with disabilities, volunteers and fundraisers have been honoured by a Suffolk charity at its awards party.Out & About, which helps disabled children access leisure activities, was celebrating supporting 275 children in clubs, sports and specialist hobbies such as bell ringing in Suffolk and Norfolk.
CHILDREN with disabilities, volunteers and fundraisers have been honoured by a Suffolk charity at its awards party.
Out & About, which helps disabled children access leisure activities, was celebrating supporting 275 children in clubs, sports and specialist hobbies such as bell ringing in Suffolk and Norfolk.
During its second annual awards party at Jan's Madhouse in Ipswich children who had achieved their goals were rewarded as well as volunteers and fundraisers dedicated to the cause.
Steve Allman, the charity's chief executive, said: “The children receiving awards today have done really well, but it's important to note that these are activities that they might have otherwise been excluded from.
“These achievements are examples of the small steps towards inclusion our young people take every day.
“We're constantly aware of the thousands of disabled children out there who are experiencing loneliness and isolation and could really benefit from our help.”
- 1 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 2 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 3 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 4 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 5 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 6 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 7 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 8 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 9 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 10 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
For more information about the awards and Out & About visit www.oaa.co.uk.
Is your child celebrating a special achievement? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freddy Harris - for achieving his highest score at archery
Christopher Tarrant - for working really hard to join in games at cubs
Donnell Brown - for keeping to his Beaver Scout promise
Sadie Palizdar - for promoting Out & About to local schools
Holly Goodwyn - for getting stuck in to her after-school club
Amineh Palizdar - for doing the most volunteering over the last year
Sam Macro - volunteer long service award
Hannah Driver - volunteer long service award
Andy Lowe - for raising £1,000 by running the London Marathon
Friendly Charity Darts League - for sustained fundraising for Out & About over 21 years