Children's fund group hits £1million
A NETWORK fund which helps to get grants for voluntary groups for children in Suffolk are today celebrating handing out £1million since it opened.The Suffolk Acre Local Network Fund (LNF) has just reached the landmark amount since it opened in 2002.
A NETWORK fund which helps to get grants for voluntary groups for children in Suffolk are today celebrating handing out £1million since it opened.
The Suffolk Acre Local Network Fund (LNF) has just reached the landmark amount since it opened in 2002.
Since the organisation, in Wharfedale Road, Ipswich, opened it has helped groups such as the Felixstowe Ferry Sailing Club which received £7,000.
Other groups which have been helped include the Kesgrave Youth Forum and the Phoenix Family Group, in Ipswich, which needed the money to get up and running.
Wendy Jephcote, outreach and support officer at LNF, said: "It is a big achievement to have reached the £1million mark and to know a lot of children have benefited in the process.
"Some groups have only applied for small amounts of money but it means they have been able to give children the help or support they otherwise would not have had."
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 3 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 6 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 7 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 8 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 9 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 10 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
Applications are now being invited for the £391,280 the group has to grant in 2005.
Any group working with children and who would like to apply can contact Wendy Jephcote on 01473 242523 or by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.