Children show off their talents
YOUNGSTERS stepped into the limelight to entertain their families and friends at a special performance to show off their skills and talents.The talent show, the third annual, was held at Kingsfleet Primary in Old Felixstowe and organised by the Kingsfleet School Association.
YOUNGSTERS stepped into the limelight to entertain their families and friends at a special performance to show off their skills and talents.
The talent show, the third annual, was held at Kingsfleet Primary in Old Felixstowe and organised by the Kingsfleet School Association.
Fourteen acts took part, including instrumental soloists - guitarists, sax and keyboard players, and violinists - as well as singers and dancers, poets and a magician.
The overall winner was violinist Lucy Reeve, from year two, with the solo award going to saxophonist Alex Wright. The group award went to three year one girls who formed a singing and dancing group - Lettie Howe, Esmee Rose and Azura Seeley.
Lizzie Vincent, of the school association, said: “Most of the events we organise are fundraising but this one is really just a big fun event - and the children really enjoyed it.
“The acts included youngsters from reception to year six so the whole school was involved.
- 1 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 2 Train services in Suffolk cancelled after horses escape onto tracks
- 3 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 4 'Quietly confident' - Felixstowe Indian restaurant goes alcohol-free
- 5 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 6 Man turned up naked on woman's doorstep after Euros Final
- 7 Man found dead as police and fire service called to Ipswich home
- 8 Busy Ipswich road reopens after small sinkhole is repaired
- 9 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 10 Critically endangered calf born at Jimmy's Farm near Ipswich
“They were so enthusiastic and excited and just wanted to perform and the audience loved it and it was a real morale booster.”
The show at the school in Ferry Road was attended by mums and dads, grandparents, friends, teachers and many children from the school keen to see their colleagues on stage.
Tell us how good you think the talent show was - write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail EveningStarLetters@eveningstar.co.uk