Chilly morning but better weather coming
SUFFOLK woke to a chilly morning today - but the good news is that the weather should be warmer for Easter.Some residents were surprised to find a frost with cars needing to be scraped as temperatures dipped to near freezing overnight.
SUFFOLK woke to a chilly morning today - but the good news is that the weather should be warmer for Easter.
Some residents were surprised to find a frost with cars needing to be scraped as temperatures dipped to near freezing overnight.
It followed a grim and cold day yesterday, but the weathermen said the forecast for the next few days and the Easter weekend is very good with some real spring sunshine to be enjoyed.
It should provide a boost for attractions all over the county with Easter traditionally the start of the season for many.
Tomorrow and Good Friday there should be long periods of sunshine with temperatures reaching 16C, though it will still be cold at night, probably 4C.
The Met Office said Easter Saturday and Sunday will see periods of sunshine but will be cloudier, though there is no prospect of rain and it will feel quite warm with a light south-westerly breeze and temperatures reaching 16C.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 7 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 8 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 9 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
There will still be a chance of overnight frosts.