Chimney fire spreads to roof of house

Firefighters fought for more than an hour a chimney fire which spread to the roof of a house in Holbrook, near Ipswich, last night.

Firefighters fought for more than an hour a chimney fire which spread to the roof of a house in Holbrook, near Ipswich, last night.

In all, four firecrews were called to the two-storey end of terrace property on Shepherd's Lane, Holbrook, at just after 10pm.

Four firecrews, one from Holbrook and three from Princes Street in Ipswich, attended the blaze.

A fire service spokesman said the fire started in the chimney and spread to the gable end of the property.

A fireservice spokesman said the fire, which was brought under control by 11.20pm, caused smoke logging to both floors of the property.

Earlier, firefighters attended a chimney blaze in Low Road, Wortham, near Diss.

Most Read

Two firecrews from Eye and Diss tackled the blaze which was brought under control by 10.20pm.