Chimney fire tackled

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house in a Suffolk village after a fire broke out in the chimney.

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house in a Suffolk village after a fire broke out in the chimney.

The incident happened in Shelton Hill, Stradbroke, at around 9.40pm yesterday.

Firefighters tried tackling the blaze from the ground, but called for the help of a turntable ladder because of difficulty getting to the flames.

The blaze was brought under control at around 11.53pm and no-one is believed to have been hurt.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter