Chimney fire tackled by firefighters

A FIRE broke out in a chimney flue at a house in Stowupland this afternoon.

A FIRE broke out in a chimney flue at a house in Stowupland this afternoon.

Firefighters received reports of a fire at a property in Mill Street at about 3pm.

When they arrived the crew from Stowmarket fire station found a chimney fire involving a wood burner and the chimney flue.

Firefighters removed the logs and burnt material and successfully brought the incident under control by about 3.30pm.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter