Chip pan disaster averted

AN alert neighbour prevented possible tragedy after contacting the emergency services on hearing a fire alarm going off.Firefighters were called to a home in Millfield Gardens at about 10.50pm yesterday.

AN alert neighbour prevented possible tragedy after contacting the emergency services on hearing a fire alarm going off.

Firefighters were called to a home in Millfield Gardens, Ipswich, at about 10.50pm yesterday.

A spokeswoman for the service said a man had fallen asleep with the chip pan on which lead to smoke triggering the fire alarm.

A neighbour alerted fire crews who removed the chip pan and ventilated the room by 11pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter