Christchurch Park fireworks display WILL go ahead, say organisers
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of Suffolk’s biggest fireworks display at Christchurch Park in Ipswich say it will definitely go ahead on Saturday night.
The gates open to the annual event, now in its 47th year, at 6pm.
Confirmation that it will go ahead come after devastated organisers of the Abbey Gardens fireworks display in Bury St Edmunds were forced to call off Saturday night’s display due to strong winds forecast.
However, Ollie Arthur, organiser of the Christchurch Park display, said the Ipswich event would definitely be happening.
“The wind direction is the best possible direction for fireworks at Christchurch Park,” he explained.
You may also want to watch:
He said the forecast was well within safe operating limits.
The event is organised by volunteers from the 11th Ipswich Scout Group and thousands of spectators are expected.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 5 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
There will be entertainment on the night, including a funfair, before the fireworks at 8pm. The family fun continues until 10pm.
Tickets can be bought online until 6pm on Saturday, or you can pay cash on the gate.
Tickets online to 6pm or cash on the gate.