Donkey rides, Father Christmas and mulled cider at Jimmy’s Christmas Fayre
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
People are being invited down to Jimmy’s Farm for some Christmas cheer at their biggest festive fayre yet – featuring more than 80 stalls, donkey rides, and live entertainment in the countdown to Christmas.
This Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 4pm, Jimmy’s Farm will be hosting its annual Christmas fayre, with free entry and parking available.
Jimmy Doherty, director of the farm, said: “This is one of the biggest weekends in the Farm calendar and I simply can’t wait.
“This year there are over 80 stall holders offering everything from mulled wine, carols, bands, crafts, Adnams beer, goodies and pretty much everything you’ll need for Christmas.
“The Farm Shop is packed with delights so order your turkey, pick up your Christmas Tree and come and be merry – I’ll see you at the Adnams bar,” said the Suffolk farmer, who has presented shows on BBC and Channel 4.
What’s on offer?
- 1 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 2 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 3 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 4 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 7 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 8 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 9 Caribbean trailer to open soon in town centre
- 10 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
There will be a range of food on offer, including street food, a hog roast, hot chestnuts, hot chocolate, fudge and of course mince pies and mulled wine.
If you are looking for something more substantial you can book a meal at Jimmy’s restaurant by emailing them.
There will be local bands, choirs and school groups to enjoy over the two days, getting people in the Christmas spirit.
Father Christmas’ Grotto
For £6.50 children can meet Father Christmas and receive their own gift.
Farm and wildlife park
The farm will be hosting their biggest Christmas present hunt to date – with animal encounters and keeper talks throughout the day.
•Meet the Pigs
•Ferrets and Capybara
Jimmy’s Farm can be found just five minutes from the A14, in Wherstead near Ipswich.
Visitors are advised to wear layers and suitable footwear as most of the fayre is going to take place outdoors.
For more information visit their website.