Christmas Santa Run returns to Ipswich to help raise funds for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of Santas will descend onto Ipswich again this year to raise money for charity.
The East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) Ipswich Santa Run will take place on December 13 with enthusiastic fundraisers taking on a course around the town centre.
The fun event is not a race – entrants can run, jog or walk around the route which is suitable for all members of the family.
Kesha Allen, EACH events intern, said: “We are excited to host this year’s Santa Run in the heart of the town centre along a new route.
“Kay Fletcher will be joining us again to warm up our excited runners.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a great, well-established event where EACH supporters continue to raise funds to support families and care for children and young people with life threatening conditions across East Anglia.
“This really is a fun even for all the family so come and join in on the fun.”
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
The run starts at 10.30am, with entry being £10 for adults (including Santa suit) and £6 for children under 13-years-old, who also get a Santa hat.
A Plan Insurance will be sponsoring the event, providing marshals, hosting the participant registration and handing out Santa suits.
To sign up online visit www.each.org.uk/santarun or call the Suffolk Fundraising Team on 01473 276196.