Church search is on
DOES your family have a link with history? Members of the Bramford Road Methodist church are trying to find the descendants of the people who laid the original memorial stones at the church a century ago.
DOES your family have a link with history?
Members of the Bramford Road Methodist church are trying to find the descendants of the people who laid the original memorial stones at the church a century ago.
The stones were laid on May 28, 1902, and on May 28 this year the ceremony will be celebrated at the church.
Minister Rev Elizabeth Bellamy has appealed for any descendants of the original 12 to contact her so they can be guests of honour at the ceremony.
This will feature a barbecue and buffet before a special service at the church at 6.30pm.
The event comes as the church is in the middle of a major appeal to complete an extension to provide community facilities.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
- 3 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 4 Two men steal pedal bike from outside Ipswich primary school
- 5 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 6 Final homes in 75-house development to go on sale
- 7 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Suffolk man collapsed at friend's home
- 10 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
The entire refurbishment of the church and the extension will cost £500,000 – £300,000 has already been raised and the church itself has been refurbished.
But if any of the following were your ancestors, you can be a VIP on May 28:
Mrs C. Chisnall, Mrs W. Eade, Miss Florence Francis and Edit Francis, Miss Groves, Mrs W. E. Harbord, Mrs R. l. Skinner, Mrs Smith, Mr R. D. Fraser JP, Mr J Rudland, Miss Aggie Bartlett, Mr Ernest J. Edmonds.
If you are descended from any of these, please call Rev Bellamy on 01473-215028.