Church search is on
DOES your family have a link with history? Members of the Bramford Road Methodist church are trying to find the descendants of the people who laid the original memorial stones at the church a century ago.
DOES your family have a link with history?
Members of the Bramford Road Methodist church are trying to find the descendants of the people who laid the original memorial stones at the church a century ago.
The stones were laid on May 28, 1902, and on May 28 this year the ceremony will be celebrated at the church.
Minister Rev Elizabeth Bellamy has appealed for any descendants of the original 12 to contact her so they can be guests of honour at the ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
This will feature a barbecue and buffet before a special service at the church at 6.30pm.
The event comes as the church is in the middle of a major appeal to complete an extension to provide community facilities.
- 1 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 2 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 3 Teenagers arrested after 17-year-old boy stabbed in Ipswich
- 4 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 7 Anger at parking fines for butcher, barber and carpet fitter shoppers
- 8 How pub was transformed into community hub
- 9 Teenage boy denies knife attack near Ipswich supermarket
- 10 Teenager arrested after man suffers cut to neck on Ipswich estate
The entire refurbishment of the church and the extension will cost £500,000 – £300,000 has already been raised and the church itself has been refurbished.
But if any of the following were your ancestors, you can be a VIP on May 28:
Mrs C. Chisnall, Mrs W. Eade, Miss Florence Francis and Edit Francis, Miss Groves, Mrs W. E. Harbord, Mrs R. l. Skinner, Mrs Smith, Mr R. D. Fraser JP, Mr J Rudland, Miss Aggie Bartlett, Mr Ernest J. Edmonds.
If you are descended from any of these, please call Rev Bellamy on 01473-215028.