Church treasurer charges with fraud
A former church treasurer today appeared before magistrates charged with 10 fraud offences.Magistrates at Sudbury, Suffolk, committed the case of Peter Bentley, 65, for trial at Bury St Edmunds Crown Court on August 9.
By James Fraser
A former church treasurer today appeared before magistrates charged with 10 fraud offences.
Magistrates at Sudbury, Suffolk, committed the case of Peter Bentley, 65, for trial at Bury St Edmunds Crown Court on August 9.
Bentley, of Hadleigh Road, Monks Eleigh, Suffolk, was treasurer of the parochial church council of St Peter's Church in his village.
You may also want to watch:
He is facing two charges of false accounting, and eight of obtaining money transfers by deception for a total of £1,585.46.
- 1 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 6 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 7 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors