Church treasurer charges with fraud
A former church treasurer today appeared before magistrates charged with 10 fraud offences.Magistrates at Sudbury, Suffolk, committed the case of Peter Bentley, 65, for trial at Bury St Edmunds Crown Court on August 9.
By James Fraser
A former church treasurer today appeared before magistrates charged with 10 fraud offences.
Magistrates at Sudbury, Suffolk, committed the case of Peter Bentley, 65, for trial at Bury St Edmunds Crown Court on August 9.
Bentley, of Hadleigh Road, Monks Eleigh, Suffolk, was treasurer of the parochial church council of St Peter's Church in his village.
He is facing two charges of false accounting, and eight of obtaining money transfers by deception for a total of £1,585.46.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 3 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 8 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 9 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 10 Yellow weather warning in place as Storm Barra set to hit Suffolk