Church treasurer charges with fraud
A former church treasurer today appeared before magistrates charged with 10 fraud offences.Magistrates at Sudbury, Suffolk, committed the case of Peter Bentley, 65, for trial at Bury St Edmunds Crown Court on August 9.
By James Fraser
A former church treasurer today appeared before magistrates charged with 10 fraud offences.
Magistrates at Sudbury, Suffolk, committed the case of Peter Bentley, 65, for trial at Bury St Edmunds Crown Court on August 9.
Bentley, of Hadleigh Road, Monks Eleigh, Suffolk, was treasurer of the parochial church council of St Peter's Church in his village.
You may also want to watch:
He is facing two charges of false accounting, and eight of obtaining money transfers by deception for a total of £1,585.46.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 8 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 9 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete