Circumstances of bodies discovered
How the tragic story of the murders of five Ipswich women unfolded.
TANIA Nicol, 19, was reported missing by her mother, Kerry Nicol, at 10.45pm, on Wednesday, November 1. She was last seen at around 11pm on Monday, October 30, in Ipswich. Her naked body was found by a specialist police diving team in Belstead Brook, near to Copdock Mill, on Friday December 8.
A post mortem carried out to determine the cause of her death was inconclusive.
Gemma Adams, 25, was reported missing by her partner at 2.55am on Wednesday, November 15. He hadn't seen her since 10pm the previous day when he left her in Ipswich.
Her naked body was found by a member of the public in Belstead Brook, but further upstream at Thorpes Hill, Hintlesham at 11.45am on Saturday, December 2.
You may also want to watch:
The post mortem did not reveal a clear cause of death.
Anneli Alderton, 24, was never reported missing. She's known to have caught the 5.53pm train between Harwich and Manningtree on Sunday, December 3.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
Her naked body was spotted by a passing motorist in woodland at Nacton at 3.20pm on Sunday, December 10.
The cause of death was asphyxiation.
Annette Nicholls, 29, was reported missing by her family on Monday December 11 and her naked body was found the following day, just off the Old Felixstowe Road at Levington. She had last been seen alive on the afternoon of Friday, December 8.
At 3.05pm on that day a member of the public reported seeing a body of a woman near to the Old Felixstowe Road. Police responded immediately and the crew of the Suffolk Police helicopter saw a second naked body, 150 metres away. Later the bodies were confirmed to be Paula Clennell and Annette Nicholls.
The post mortem failed to reveal the cause of death.
Paula Clennell, 24, was reported missing on Monday, December 11, and her naked body was found the following day at Levington. She was last seen alive on Sunday December 10.
At 3.05pm that day a member of the public reported seeing a body of a woman near to the Old Felixstowe Road. Police responded immediately and the crew of the Suffolk Police helicopter saw a second naked body 150 metres away. Later the bodies were confirmed to be Paula Clennell and Annette Nicholls.
The cause of death was compression to the neck.