Claim Suffolk's untapped goldmine!
SUFFOLK'S silent gamblers are sitting on an untapped goldmine.More than £200,000 prize money for Premium Bonds is sitting unclaimed in the county.One lucky Felixstowe punter has won £1,000 with only a £2 holding, yet has failed to claim the cash.
SUFFOLK'S silent gamblers are sitting on an untapped goldmine.
More than £200,000 prize money for Premium Bonds is sitting unclaimed in the county.
One lucky Felixstowe punter has won £1,000 with only a £2 holding, yet has failed to claim the cash.
Research by National Savings and Investments revealed nearly £2million is sitting unclaimed by winners from the east of England.
Essex holders are the worst culprits, with more than £600,000 waiting for the winner.
There is no time limit on claiming prizes, but Premium Bond chiefs are keen to track down the missing tickets.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 8 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 9 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
- 10 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich
More than 3,500 prize-winners in Suffolk are among the culprits, with five leaving £1,000 lying idle.
It is believed many Premium Bond holders fail to register a change of address, meaning they disappear off the system.
The news of unclaimed prizes comes on the back of a record-breaking month for the bonds.
More than £1billion was ploughed into the scheme last month – by far the highest total in the 47 years since it was launched.
Nearly 250,000 people heeded warnings about Britain's volatile stock market and headed to Ernie for a safer home.
Each £1 bond has a one-in-30,000 chance of winning a prize ranging from £50 to £1million.
The five top winning tickets in Suffolk are:
n 06BT931371 – last known living in Felixstowe
n 14KW564213 – last known living in Suffolk
n 26WL499046 – last known living in Ipswich
n 26KS149034 – last known living in Ipswich
n 19KZ771595 – last known living in Suffolk.