Claim Suffolk's untapped goldmine!
SUFFOLK'S silent gamblers are sitting on an untapped goldmine.More than £200,000 prize money for Premium Bonds is sitting unclaimed in the county.One lucky Felixstowe punter has won £1,000 with only a £2 holding, yet has failed to claim the cash.
SUFFOLK'S silent gamblers are sitting on an untapped goldmine.
More than £200,000 prize money for Premium Bonds is sitting unclaimed in the county.
One lucky Felixstowe punter has won £1,000 with only a £2 holding, yet has failed to claim the cash.
Research by National Savings and Investments revealed nearly £2million is sitting unclaimed by winners from the east of England.
You may also want to watch:
Essex holders are the worst culprits, with more than £600,000 waiting for the winner.
There is no time limit on claiming prizes, but Premium Bond chiefs are keen to track down the missing tickets.
- 1 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 2 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 3 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 4 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 5 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
- 6 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 7 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 8 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 'Gutted' Ipswich burger van man loses everything in fire devastation
More than 3,500 prize-winners in Suffolk are among the culprits, with five leaving £1,000 lying idle.
It is believed many Premium Bond holders fail to register a change of address, meaning they disappear off the system.
The news of unclaimed prizes comes on the back of a record-breaking month for the bonds.
More than £1billion was ploughed into the scheme last month – by far the highest total in the 47 years since it was launched.
Nearly 250,000 people heeded warnings about Britain's volatile stock market and headed to Ernie for a safer home.
Each £1 bond has a one-in-30,000 chance of winning a prize ranging from £50 to £1million.
The five top winning tickets in Suffolk are:
n 06BT931371 – last known living in Felixstowe
n 14KW564213 – last known living in Suffolk
n 26WL499046 – last known living in Ipswich
n 26KS149034 – last known living in Ipswich
n 19KZ771595 – last known living in Suffolk.