Claim Suffolk's untapped goldmine!
SUFFOLK'S silent gamblers are sitting on an untapped goldmine.More than £200,000 prize money for Premium Bonds is sitting unclaimed in the county.One lucky Felixstowe punter has won £1,000 with only a £2 holding, yet has failed to claim the cash.
SUFFOLK'S silent gamblers are sitting on an untapped goldmine.
More than £200,000 prize money for Premium Bonds is sitting unclaimed in the county.
One lucky Felixstowe punter has won £1,000 with only a £2 holding, yet has failed to claim the cash.
Research by National Savings and Investments revealed nearly £2million is sitting unclaimed by winners from the east of England.
You may also want to watch:
Essex holders are the worst culprits, with more than £600,000 waiting for the winner.
There is no time limit on claiming prizes, but Premium Bond chiefs are keen to track down the missing tickets.
- 1 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 6 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 7 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 8 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 9 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
- 10 Ed Sheeran to end break from music with performance at Big Weekend
More than 3,500 prize-winners in Suffolk are among the culprits, with five leaving £1,000 lying idle.
It is believed many Premium Bond holders fail to register a change of address, meaning they disappear off the system.
The news of unclaimed prizes comes on the back of a record-breaking month for the bonds.
More than £1billion was ploughed into the scheme last month – by far the highest total in the 47 years since it was launched.
Nearly 250,000 people heeded warnings about Britain's volatile stock market and headed to Ernie for a safer home.
Each £1 bond has a one-in-30,000 chance of winning a prize ranging from £50 to £1million.
The five top winning tickets in Suffolk are:
n 06BT931371 – last known living in Felixstowe
n 14KW564213 – last known living in Suffolk
n 26WL499046 – last known living in Ipswich
n 26KS149034 – last known living in Ipswich
n 19KZ771595 – last known living in Suffolk.