Classroom becomes newsroom for pupils
PUPILS from Kesgrave High School spent a day designing their own newspapers.As part of the Evening Star Well Read project 228 Year 9 pupils from Kesgrave High School were set a challenge.
PUPILS from Kesgrave High School spent a day designing their own newspapers.
As part of the Evening Star Well Read project 228 Year 9 pupils from Kesgrave High School were set a challenge.
They had to produce a four-page newspaper, working to a tight deadline.
Their front page "scoop", a dramatic fire, was updated throughout the day as fresh news reports were feed through to the Kesgrave reporters.
You may also want to watch:
Russell Hall, head of English at the school said: "It gives the pupils active learning, genuine collaboration for a real outcome and allows them to express themselves, think positively and creatively for a newsroom.
"This gets them close to understanding the reality of how media texts are created – and it's great fun".
- 1 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 2 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 3 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 4 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 5 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 6 'I want to train as HGV driver but there are so many delays'
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Ipswich man denies multiple rape offences as trial begins
- 9 Ipswich man led police on 55 mile chase at 120mph
- 10 Drunk driver nearly caused head-on crash driving on wrong side of the road
Pupils at the school felt the pressure on them to finish by the deadline.
But every team managed to produce a top quality newspaper – an excellent effort was put in by all the pupils.
It will be difficult to select a winning team to go forward to the next stage of the competition when all those local schools that have taken part in Well Read will visit the Evening Star offices in March for the ultimate newspaper challenge.
For more information about Well Read and other projects designed for use at school please contact Janice Kent at the Evening Star. Telephone 01473 324882 or e-mail email@example.com