Cleaner at Sailmakers Shopping Centre in Ipswich recognised at glittering awards ceremony in London
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich cleaner has been recognised for her work at a busy shopping centre in the town after scooping an award from her employer.
Tracy Sawkins, 47, from Gainsborough in Ipswich, who leads a team of 12 cleaners at the Sailmakers Shopping Centre, won Churchill Services Employee of the Year for East Anglia.
She received her trophy at a glittering awards night at the OXO2 at Tower Wharf in London, organised by contract cleaning firm Churchill.
Tracy, a mum of three and grandmother of four, said: “I’m very proud to have won this award. It means a lot to me. I couldn’t do it without my fantastic team though so it’s just as much an award for them as it is for me.
“You don’t expect to get awards and I certainly never thought I would get one in this role so it’s lovely to be recognised.
You may also want to watch:
“I started at Churchill three years ago and I love my job. It’s great to be rewarded for the hard work we’ve carried out at Sailmakers Shopping Centre over the last 18 months.”
Mike Sorhaindo, manager of Sailmakers Shopping Centre, said: “Tracy and her team really deserve this accolade for the fantastic job they’ve done here at the centre over the past 18 months.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 10 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
“Nothing is ever too much trouble for her and her staff and we’re delighted that she has been recognised for the service they provide.”