Clear line ahead at weekends
EAST Anglians heading to London for weekend day out during the summer were finally offered some good news by rail company National Express today.Engineering work which has forced weekend rail services to be replaced by buses for months is being moved - and over the summer many weekends will see the line fully open.
EAST Anglians heading to London for weekend day out during the summer were finally offered some good news by rail company National Express today.
Engineering work which has forced weekend rail services to be replaced by buses for months is being moved - and over the summer many weekends will see the line fully open.
Network Rail is currently renewing track in Essex between Witham and Colchester - and down the branch to Clacton and Walton on the Naze.
This has led to dozens of line closures, on either one day or both, over most weekends this year.
However during the summer much of the work is going to be concentrated on the branch line, leaving the main line free for normal services - starting this weekend.
To mark the easing of the closures, National Express East Anglia (NXEA) has introduced a number of special offers to attract families to take a day out to London.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 8 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 9 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 10 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
Andrew Goodrum Business Director Mainline for NXEA said: 'We are pleased that many weekends this summer will be free of Network Rail improvement works on the Ipswich to London Mainline service, allowing for uninterrupted journeys.
“Together with the attractive ticket and admission offers, there has never been a better time to plan a family day out or weekend away.”
The engineering-free weekends are:
Saturday 28 & Sunday 29 June
Saturday 12 & Sunday 13 July
Saturday 19 & Sunday 20 July
Saturday 02 & Sunday 3 August
Saturday 16 & Sunday 17 August (special services operating because of V Festival).
Saturday 23 & Sunday 24 August
Saturday 30 & Sunday 31 August
Saturday 06 & Sunday 07 September
Saturday 13 & Sunday 14 September
Saturday 20 & Sunday 21 September
Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 September
Will the open line encourage you to take a trip to the capital? Write to: Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com>