Clear line ahead at weekends
EAST Anglians heading to London for weekend day out during the summer were finally offered some good news by rail company National Express today.Engineering work which has forced weekend rail services to be replaced by buses for months is being moved - and over the summer many weekends will see the line fully open.
EAST Anglians heading to London for weekend day out during the summer were finally offered some good news by rail company National Express today.
Engineering work which has forced weekend rail services to be replaced by buses for months is being moved - and over the summer many weekends will see the line fully open.
Network Rail is currently renewing track in Essex between Witham and Colchester - and down the branch to Clacton and Walton on the Naze.
This has led to dozens of line closures, on either one day or both, over most weekends this year.
However during the summer much of the work is going to be concentrated on the branch line, leaving the main line free for normal services - starting this weekend.
To mark the easing of the closures, National Express East Anglia (NXEA) has introduced a number of special offers to attract families to take a day out to London.
- 1 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 4 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 5 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 6 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 7 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 8 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
Andrew Goodrum Business Director Mainline for NXEA said: 'We are pleased that many weekends this summer will be free of Network Rail improvement works on the Ipswich to London Mainline service, allowing for uninterrupted journeys.
“Together with the attractive ticket and admission offers, there has never been a better time to plan a family day out or weekend away.”
The engineering-free weekends are:
Saturday 28 & Sunday 29 June
Saturday 12 & Sunday 13 July
Saturday 19 & Sunday 20 July
Saturday 02 & Sunday 3 August
Saturday 16 & Sunday 17 August (special services operating because of V Festival).
Saturday 23 & Sunday 24 August
Saturday 30 & Sunday 31 August
Saturday 06 & Sunday 07 September
Saturday 13 & Sunday 14 September
Saturday 20 & Sunday 21 September
Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 September
Will the open line encourage you to take a trip to the capital? Write to: Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org>